Common Slime Issues
Due to weather and shipping conditions beyond our control, the consistency of your slime may be different from when it gets shipped. Postal handling, delivery delays, and temperature change could alter the slime ingredients and cause it to shrink/deflate, melt, get too sticky or hard. Below we have included helpful steps and tips for handling this universal issue.
Is slime too sticky?
(Slime may arrive sticky or melted)
Don’t fret! We’ve got you covered. Here’s how to make your slime activator mixture.
- Step 1: Open the packet of borax provided in your order
- Step 2: Add the 1/2 tsp of borax to 1 cup of warm water. Mix till it ‘s dissolved
- Step 3: Let borax mixture cool before using it with slime
- Step 4: Slowly, add a few drops of the borax mixture to your slime & knead it. Repeat step 4, until you’ve achieved the desired texture
Important note: Do not add too much borax/activator mixture or slime may become too stiff!
Is slime too stiff?
(Try the following tips)
- Tip 1: White Glue Slime- Add a small amount of lotion to your slime & knead it thoroughly
- Tip 2: Clear Slime- Store above room temperature (near the sun on a windowsill) for a few days
- Tip 3: All Slime- Massage slime in warm water for a few seconds. (No more than 5-10 secs)
- Tip 4: Knead your slime with clean, warm hands for a few minutes to soften it
- Slime degrades naturally over time. Please keep slime in its original container to preserve the most extended shelf life and preventing slime from drying
- Always wash hands and surfaces before and after playing with slime
- Slime is not edible. Do not ingest. Keep away from clothes, rugs, and furniture
- Slime colors may blend in shipping
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and turn on post notification so that you never miss any of our future videos.